Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 23:00:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        torstenb@FreeBSD.org, rich@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xpm static library

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Remember I complained a while back that the xpm port didn't build
> static the static library anymore?  I found out that it's because
> config/bsdLib.rules in XFree86-3.1.2 betas don't define ForceNormalLib
> to YES anymore.
>
> Rich, is this going to be a permanent change?  If so, we need to
> adjust the ports accordingly.

Just let me jump in here a moment.  All that stuff is controlled by
FreeBSD.cf, which we really ought to get some chance to tweak, you know.
Before it becomes a regular part of a distribution is the right time to
consider it.

One possibility is to ask that a site.def file be sited in OUR
/usr/share/mk directory, so we could get our own meathooks on part of the
config.

> Satoshi

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |