Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 21:00:12 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jake <jake@bc1.com>
Cc:        "multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG" <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: no sound in fxtv

Jake:
 |Hi, I'm not getting any sound in FXTV.
 |I have a zoltrix bt848 pci card, and a soundblaster 16 cound card.
 |I've got an audio cable running from the sound card to the capture card,
 |fxtv.  cat x.au >/dev/audio works, the sound file x.au plays.

In addition to Amancio's suggestions and requests, a few other things to
look at.

I don't know anything about the Zoltrix Bt848 card, but the Wincast cards
have a stereo miniplug audio output on them and come with a small stereo
miniplug M-to-M cable to connect from the plug on the capture card to the
line input of your soundcard.  Verify that this is connected and that it's
plugged into the line input plug of your soundcard.  Also, verify that your
line input volume is cranked up.

Randall