Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 05:14:33 -0700
From:      David G Lawrence <dg@dglawrence.com>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, ob@e-Gitt.NET, jhb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2

> >    Do you have any history of seeing the watchdog timeout problem on your
> > machine?
>
> On this machine no - but it's the only one running em0. On other
> machines running bge0 then, yes, I see it a lot. But those are all
> SMP machines, aside from one. On that one I am currently building
> the latest 6-STABLE and when it's done (give it a couple of hours)
> I will give it a shot with your code and see what happens.

   Another data point: After rebooting my machine, the program no longer
causes the problem. It appears that something else has to occur first on
the machine to put it into a state that makes it suspectible to the
program.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.