Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:43:27 -0400
From:      youlgok@attglobal.net
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Q: No Net Connection is available!

Hi, All:

Does ISP can recognize what sort of OS I am using on and prevent some
except ms?

This is my situation. I have DHCP connection and this has been working
fine without any problem since FBSD 2.7-R. My current version of FBSD is
4.2-R. Even when I made a clean installation from the scratch, the box
immediately recognized the NIC and connect to the FTP.

A few weeks ago, the cable modem was out of order and my ISP changed it
from Motorola to Samsung. Since then my FBSD box can't connect to the
net. My FBSD box well recognizes NIC and I hadn't changed any
cofiguration. After just changing the modem, the new modem doesn't work
with my FBSD but win9x box.

Do you have any idea what goes wrong? Any help or tip would be really
appreciated. Thanks.

-youlgok