Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 04:23:28 +0900
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tommi_L=E4tti?= <sty@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: R_X86_64_32

Vivek Khera wrote:

> are you *sure* both machines are running FreeBSD/amd64?  If you don't
> get that error on one machine, is must be running FreeBSD/i386.

Yes (to be honest, I had to go and check :).

Working machine:
FreeBSD vanessa.ncm.brain.riken.jp 5.4-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6
#2: Thu Aug 11 11:31:03 JST 2005
sty@16.112.1.dhcp.bnf.brain.riken.jp:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VANESSA  amd64

non-Working:
FreeBSD pavlov.sru.brain.riken.jp 5.4-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6
#1: Thu Aug 11 11:32:07 JST 2005
sty@pavlov.bnf.brain.riken.jp:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PAVLOV  amd64

I even diff'ed the config.status files from both machines when they
generated them during portinstall. No difference. Anyways, usually this
error occurs only when linking to some library that was a dependancy as
far as I've understood.

--
br,
Tommi