Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:12:42 +0100
From:      vwe@freebsd.org
To:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, freebsd-bugbusters@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnats port disappeared??

Hi Chris!

On 01/14/12 17:41, Chris Rees wrote:
> Hey Mark,
>
> Got a bit of a shock:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/databases/gnats/Attic/Makefile
>
> Did you know about this?  It's innocent and reasonable, but possibly a mistake.
>
> I was going to prepare a patch for GNATS so it didn't get confused by
> subjects like
>
> Fwd: Re: ports/152537: [patch] database/postgresql90-server no longer needs
>
> Would there be interest in such a patch?  Would you like the port
> resurrected, or should I just let you use a local copy?

Latest databases/gnats Makefile had this for a while before removal of
the port:

FORBIDDEN=	Security issues
DEPRECATED=	${FORBIDDEN}
EXPIRATION_DATE=	2011-09-30

So it's clearly not a mistake, but a portsmgr decision.

Also everything else has to be decided by portsmgr but a port with
unfixed security issues over a long period of time seems a good
candidate to be removed.

Interestingly on freefall `pkg_info -o '*gnats*'` gives:

Origin:
databases/gnats

I'm glad I'm not part of clusteradm ;) as this might break some day into
pieces and needs attention.

Regards,

Volker