Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:45:28 +1100
From:      Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
To:        Neel Natu <neelnatu@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Ali Mashtizadeh <mashtizadeh@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Exporting kernel symbols

On 01/24/11 15:25, Neel Natu wrote:
> Hi Ali,
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Ali Mashtizadeh <mashtizadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I tried to build a geom kernel module that uses the alq(9) facility to
>> log some data. The module builds fine but it seems that the kernel
>> isn't exporting the alq(9) symbols. Could someone point me how I can
>> export particular symbols?
>>

> Do you have the kernel compiled with the 'alq' option defined? FreeBSD
> 8.1 GENERIC does not define this by default.

Which version of FreeBSD are you running? I modified ALQ last year to be
able to be loaded as a kernel module. Assuming you can "kldload alq" on
your system, you should then be able to load your geom module.
Alternatively as Neel suggests, you can add "options ALQ" to your kernel
config if you don't want to use modules.

Cheers,
Lawrence