Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:12:54 +0000
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Working around problems when an NFS server dies / is unavailable.

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

Hi,

  Anybody know about using NFS with laptops.  I want to be able to pick
up and go with my laptop -- problem is I seem unable to umount any NFS
filesystems when the NFS server is unavailable.

  The problem is -- I can't run many regular utilities like df without
it getting stuck when the NFS mount is unavailable.  I've tried the soft
option but that doesn't seem to make any difference.  Anybody with any
good ideas on how best to cope with this situation?

-lewiz.

--=20
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
		-- Henry Kissinger
--|| url: http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pgpkey ||--

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--