Date:      Fri, 26 May 1995 23:29:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@crash.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ep driver

I've seen in at least 5 different machines with 3com 3c509's where
they would intermittantly probe.  I found that if you increase the
DELAY() right after the "global reset", then it probes perfectly.

forsure DELAY(10000) is enough, i have not had a chance to experiment
with values between the 1000 default and 10000.

This should probably go into 2.0.5 if it isn't too late.  Alot of
people have 3c509's and may see this problem.

Whats odd is it only seems to plague the 486's that I've messed with.
I have a pentium 60 that probes it every time.

This is definately not a localized problem, as I have seen this with
numerous 3c509's and motherboards.

	Scott