Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:42:45 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        eoghan <eoghanj@gmail.com>, =?iso-8859-1?q?G=E1bor_K=F6vesd=E1n?= <gabor@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 06:07, eoghan wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2006, at 14:03, G=E1bor K=F6vesd=E1n wrote:
> > eoghan wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> Trying to cvsup my ports and server is saying:
> >> Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded, try again later
> >> So im using cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> >> but have tried cvsup1.FreeBSD.org, cvsup2.FreeBSD.org and
> >> cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
> >> and get the same message... is there something wrong?
> >> Thanks
> >> Eoghan
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > try cvsup.<countrycode>.freebsd.org. E.g. cvsup.de.freebsd.org for
> > Germany, cvsup.hu.freebsd.org, etc.
>
> Hi
> Thanks, that works for me... but the others used to work all the
> time... anyway updating now...
> Thanks again

Try using fastest_cvsup and you can see what kind of response the=20
servers are providing. I did a=20
fastest_cvsup -c us
and it showed at 1837 UTC that 1 and 3 were at the limit and cvsup6 is=20
probably down.

They update from the master on the hour and you need to wait 10-15=20
minutes for the update to finish. There isn't any magic time where they=20
all work but you can find one closer to the next update where you get=20
through almost all of the time.

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart