Date:         Tue, 19 Aug 97 00:00 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.0 -current Bt848 Video Capture and Sound Driver Release

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 15:37:42 -0700,
   Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM> said:

> The Bt848 chipset is known to work with Pentium / Triton II and Pentium
> Pro / Natoma. Other chipset combinations have proven to be problematic.
>
> With at least a Pentium / Triton II you can  display 640x480x32 at 30
> fps on a decent video card such as matrox millenium (vram) or
> an S3 968 with VRAM. dram based video cards work okay however they tend not
> to have the necessary bandwith for full resolution  video playback.

Humm? I looked at the project's web pages but I don't find a list of
what chipset combinations have proven problemmatic. So let me ask
about what motherboards can folks report as working fine. How about
the Intel Triton 430TX/430HX/430VX motherboards? How about the Pentium
II motherboards? Is it just a question of performance to achieve 30fps
where the above problems appear?

-- Denis