Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:50:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "James A. Harrison" <jamesh@lanl.gov>
To:        "Vince" <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: easiest way to install CPAN on FreeBSD

> Gerard wrote:
>> On October 24, 2007 at 01:44AM Noah wrote:
>>

>>> I am looking around for a really simple way to install CPAN on FreeBSD.
>>> I keep running into errors in one variation or another.

I'm not a very heavy perl user, but I've never *needed* to install CPAN on
FreeBSD. A little creative searching has revealed that most perl packages
are part of the FreeBSD Ports collection.

If you use more obscure CPAN packages, I can see there might be a need to
install CPAN, but try ports first.

James