Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 13:35:39 +0100
From:      Craig Edwards <brain@winbot.co.uk>
To:        Avleen Vig <lists-freebsd@silverwraith.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security Survey

I was thinking more of the time-to-repair of a broken install, rather
than a broken python or perl program, for example if your perl site-perl
folder gets damaged, or your python compiled libs become ABI
'incompatible' somehow (say due to a g++ upgrade?).

In this case, both python *and* perl are pretty hard to repair unless
you know the language, and can leave a system administrator between a
rock and a hard place (reinstall, or seek an expert of that language)

I guess the same goes for ruby, i wouldn't know where to start in
repairing a broken ruby install...

Thanks
Craig