Date:      Sat, 06 Sep 1997 18:50:39 +0200
From:      Simon Lindgren <lindgren@istudio.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrade went ok - now some issues

Just upgraded to 2.2.2 - with seemingly good results. A couple of
errors haunt me though:

I configure aliases in my rc.local file, like I did with my 2.1.6 system,
using

	ifconfig ed0 inet <my new ip-alias> netmask 255.255.255.255 alias

which has always worked for me. Now, however, I cannot contact these
aliases from the server. Other hosts can contact them just fine, and all other
network-related stuff work on this machine, but when I
try to ping aliases from the host:

	/kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 194.234.126.151
	routed[xx]: punt RTM_ADD without gateway

is spat to the console. also

	arp_rtrequest: bad gateway value

frequents my dmesg output.

If that wasn't enough, I also get some strange things from inetd:

	inetd[714]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

If anybody can help me with one or more of these problems, I'd be grateful.

Simon Lindgren
biz: lindgren@istudio.no
priv: simon@lindgren.no
info: http://lindgren.no/info/