Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:41:52 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        "Chris Wasser" <cwasser@v-wave.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IRC? Anywhere?

> I didn't realize I was acting like a child, simply stating opinion,
> if you don't like that, tough **** to you as well. I don't think it's
> a stretch to go to a named channel which to most people would indicate
> that discussions about FreeBSD happen in (such as #FreeBSD) and ask
> for specific information which doesn't fall into your "usual newbie
> questions".

There are technical discussions in #FreeBSD.  Apparently your technical
discussion sounded a little too much like a standard "help me setup
X-Windows" or "is Linux better than FreeBSD" kind of technical discussion.

> But I guess that logic escapes you. You do have one valid point however,
> I should have read the FAQ and saved myself the time and effort of
> dealing with the patronage in #FreeBSD and replying to people like you.

There you go.  You're in the wrong.  And yet you still feel the need to sink
your little barbs.  Whatever.

> You assume too much. I don't think I have the "right" to tell anyone
> to do anything, much less then how to run "their" channel.

Oh, so you don't have a right to tell someone how to run their channel, you
just bad-mouth them on the mailing list.

> No matter, I found a decent FreeBSD channel where I can go to have
> intelligent conversations with people on my wavelength.

Yeah, enjoy Dalnet, that's where all the rest of the self-rightous morons
like you hang out anyway.

> (PS: don't bother replying, I really have no wish to continue this
> discussion with you simply because you cannot carry a conversation
> on in a civilized manner, any replies >/dev/null)

You bad mouth the ops of the channel, sink countless barbs, accuse me of
flaming you, then pull the little kid's trick of throwing your hands over
their ears and having the last word ?  That is truly pathetic.  No wonder
you had problems in #FreeBSD.

Oh, and it's not like you unsubscribed from questions- and aren't going to
recieve this email you moron.