Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:39:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Fuhrman <cfuhrman@tfcci.com>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Rite of Passage

As someone who regularly works with Linux systems, I find compiling the
FreeBSD kernel significantly easier than compiling the Linux kernel.  The
LINT file is a major help for figuring out what line items to add in for
your various h/w.

I know that Redhat has made Linux installation a snap without recompiling
one's kernel, but there's still warm fuzzy you get when you do it yourself
:)

Hope everyone has a good holiday!

--
Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
cfuhrman@tfcci.com      | Software Engineer