Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:51:09 +0400
From:      Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov@gmail.com>
To:        Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GbE NICs besides em (recommendation wanted)

On 8/31/05, Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm quiet disappointed with the em nics and wanted to try some other
> GigaBit NICs (1000baseTX only).
> AFAIK there are re, sk, bge driven cards. Which doesn't saturate a PIII@8=
00
> at 200mbit/s with interrupt load (like em does)?
> I heard that the re is way better than the not so well rl and although mu=
ch
> cheaper than em more efficient.
> What about bge? Or sk? Any comments welcome, also if I missed a supported
> family (TX only)

I have a gigabit card managed by re and sk drivers at home IIRC
(PIII@866, 2xPIII@1400). I can run some tests for you this weekend if
you wish.

--=20
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"