Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:08:07 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCVT's death

On Jun 20,  9:38pm, Jim Bryant (possibly) wrote:
> well, if pcvt is dying, then why don't we incorporate some of it's
> better features, such as 132 columns [with 25, 43, 50, and 60 lines]
> into sc?

Agreed; as it is, I keep having to use 'more' after practically every
command, which unfortunately alters the behavior of some of them
(e.g., ls). screen, while potentially useful, does not have the
ability to give a wide terminal on sc.

This facility would be especially useful for those of us who for
various reasons (e.g., security in our case) who don't run X.

I will confess that my ability to help out with this is rather
minimal, due to my not particularly good C programming abilities (I
much prefer Perl), but I'll take a look at the syscons source and see
if I have any ideas.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu