Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:40:26 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum Question

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

On Sunday, 16 March 2003 at 15:41:51 -0600, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> I had a drive crash on a vinum stripeset, so I put two new drives in and
> decided to setup a mirror
>
> I noticed that only one drive was actively being used according to systat -iostat
>
> doing a vinum dumpconfig it appears one of the disks was not set up properly
>
> What do I need to do to get the other drive back online?

You don't show the drive states, but I suppose what you really want to
do is to bring the subdisk up.

  vinum start mirror.p1.s0

This should work online, but I've heard isolated reports of problems,
so you'll be safer unmounting it first.

> volume mirror state up
> plex name mirror.p0 state up org concat vol mirror
> plex name mirror.p1 state faulty org concat vol mirror
> sd name mirror.p0.s0 drive d1 plex mirror.p0 len 71684096s driveoffset 265s state up plexoffset 0s
> sd name mirror.p1.s0 drive d2 plex mirror.p1 len 71684096s driveoffset 265s state empty plexoffset 0s

Don't use dumpconfig to look at the configuration.  Use "list"
instead.

Greg

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc--