Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:59:02 -0500
From:      Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Libman" <jeffrl@wantabe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multi-port ethernet cards

"Jeffrey J. Libman" wrote:

> i am configuring new servers to take the place of my old 486 (bsdi) boxes.
> the new boxes are pentiums, based on freeBSD stable (3.3 as of now).
>
> i have only so many pci slots available. can anybody point me to one or
> more models of multi-port ethernet cards (10baseT is fine) that will work
> under freeBSD?

Check here:

http://www.adaptec.com/products/datasheets/specs/ana6944a.html

I believe this was formally known as the Cogent Quartet, it's basically
a 4 port 10/100 card based on the DEC chipset. I used the 10 meg version
without problems...

Regards,

--
Steve Kaczkowski	Time Warner Telecom/inc.Net
steve@inc.net          	(414)908-9012