Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 21:02:57 -0800
From:      "David G. Paschich" <dpassage@flophouse.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C572 support?

> In message <200003020452.UAA18065@flophouse.com> "David G. Paschich" writes:
> : I have a second FreeBSD box here, and have played a bit with editing
> : the pccard.conf on the mfsroot floppy but not gotten anywhere, mostly
> : because my understanding of PC hardware is poor :)
>
> You are likely doing nothing wrong.  The boot floopy is in a special
> compressed format.

Yes, I know.  That's why I'm doing:

vnconfig vn0 mfsroot.flp
mount vn0a /mnt
cp /mnt/mfsroot.gz /tmp
umount /mnt
gunzip /tmp/mfsroot.gz
vnconfig vn0 mfsroot
mount vn0a /mnt

... and then the analog in reverse to put it back.  It's a very
cumbersome process to go through just to edit a config file, so if
someone comes up with a change to sysinstall that'd be great :)

--------
David G. Paschich
dpassage@flophouse.com