Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:54:36 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@server.i-clue.de>
To:        danny@i-p-d.nl
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: removing illegal filename

To complete the collection of deleting unusual entities,

ls -li to get the i-node number of the offender,

find . -inum <n> -delete

kills everything. be sure to have find not to traverse file systems, or
bad things may happen.

HTH
-Christoph Sold

danny@i-p-d.nl schrieb:
> =

> A customer of ours managed to create an illegal file/directory
> named "del\" . It is unusable, but even more annoying, I can't
> remove it.
> =

> How can I manage to remove it? (I can't rm or mv the file)
> =

> Thanx for your help.
> =

-- =

Freundliche Gr=FC=DFe aus Waiblingen

Christoph Sold
--
Systemadministrator, i-clue GmbH, Endersbacher Str. 57, 71334 Waiblingen
Fon: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-12, Fax: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-55, Mail: so@i-clue.de