Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:34:03 -0400
From:      Mike <mike@mikesweb.com>
To:        mdickerson@officeonweb.net, freebsd-isp@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DNS woes

I ran into this problem. I found that I needed to run reverse lookups for
the IP addresses of mine that were name servers..

Using a class C of 123.456.789.0

in named.conf
zone "789.456.123.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
         type master;
         file "hosts.rev";
};

in hosts.rev where 123.456.789.1 is your first nameserver, and
123.456.789.6 is another host or nameserver.

@       IN      SOA     ns1.domain.com. root.ns1.domain.com.  (
                                 20000729        ; Serial
                                 3600    ; Refresh
                                 900     ; Retry
                                 3600000 ; Expire
                                 3600 )  ; Minimum
         IN      NS      ns1.domain.com.
1       IN      PTR     ns1.domain.com.
6       IN      PTR     second_host.domain.com

then killall -HUP named..

That should do it for you.
Mike