Date:      07 Sep 2002 17:29:10 -0400
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>
To:        Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network diagrams

--=-AvibTMyf57c7TQE+bvFC

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 09:19, Jim Flowers wrote:
> While not a common solution, I really like InterMapper from Dartware runn=
ing=20
> on a Mac OS X platform.  Except for not being able to maintain it remotel=
y,=20
> it does everything you could possibly want including generating the map=20
> automatically, updating in real time, monitoring both availability and=20
> services, email/pager notification of state and making all the informatio=
> available including maps and reports via web.  I get cell phone notificat=
ion=20
> any time a device goes down.
>=20
> The maps are attractive and can include custom text information as well. =
=20
> Best if all your devices support snmp.

If someone made a free version of InterMapper for X, I'd be in network
admin heaven. We used to use it at an ISP I used to work for, it worked
great. Unfortunatly, it's a bit pricy for most places where I'd want to
use it, and the educational pricing isn't much better.

Any X programmers out there listening? :)

--=20
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a21>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+@ R@ tv@ b++@ DI++++ D+(-) G++ e>++ h>++ r++ y?