Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:18:40 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        jmutter@netwalk.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@bellsouth.net, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: what is you favorite shell?

> You know people, it's not that difficult to make a statically linked
> binary.  Edit the makefile to include "-static" as a linker option and
> you're all set.

Never said it was.  My point was that it's "evil" to copy things from
the "local" subtree into /bin   It seems better to create a directory
like /root/bin for such things.

In the case of the bash2 port one can do this:

cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2 && make CONFIGURE_ARGS=--enable-static-link install

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net