Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:21:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@at12.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   only getting as far as "Ppp" with user ppp over raw B channel

Hello ISDNers,

I checked handbook, faq, and mailing lists, and came up dry, so here
goes...

When I use ppp over /dev/i4brbch0 it somehow doesn't want to
continue into IPCP even though PAP is sucessfuly authenticaed.

I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE, i4b 0.83, PPP Version 2.24.  i4b
works great when I use sppp/isp0, and PPP works fine when I use a
modem over serial port, so I must have a config problem somewhere...

Per PPP FAQ I've tried many different configurations including
  disable/deny pred1 deflate deflate24 protocomp acfcomp shortseq vj
with the same results.  "enable lqr", "set lqrperiod"
and "set cd 6" as shown in /usr/share/examples/ppp/ppp.conf.isdn
also have no effect.

I'm very familiar with PPP, but over /dev/i4brbch0 I know of no way to
sniff traffic to see what's going on (like with 'ifconfig isp0 debug'
or 'tcpdump -i isp0' for example), so can only rely on what's in
/var/log/ppp.log.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

last part of /var/log/ppp.log:

ppp[518]: tun0: LCP: deflink: RecvConfigAck(1) state = Ack-Sent
ppp[518]: tun0: LCP: deflink: State change Ack-Sent  --> Opened
ppp[518]: tun0: LCP: deflink: LayerUp
ppp[518]: tun0: Phase: bundle: Authenticate
ppp[518]: tun0: Phase: deflink: his = PAP, mine = PAP
ppp[518]: tun0: Phase: Pap Output: loginname ********
ppp[518]: tun0: Phase: Pap Input: SUCCESS ()
------ here it hangs until I close the link, or i4b times out -----

/etc/ppp/ppp.conf (phone/login/passwd changed):
nc:
 set device /dev/i4brbch0
 set log phase chat lcp ipcp ccp tun
 set phone 1234567