Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:16:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Hechinger <wonko@users.tmok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS/CVSup

helloo,

i've got two networks connected by a tunnel through the internet.  let's call
then A and B.  A has a cvs server which is our main repository.  i need to put
a copy of the repository on the B network.  the one on the B network doesn't
need to be able to commit or check in or anything like that, it just needs to
be able to pull stuff out of the repository.  (so cvsup looks good here)
anyway, that's all background info, what i need to know is, can i PUSH from
A to B instead of trying to PULL?  i can connect from A -> B but i cannot
connect from B -> A to do a pull.  the current (hopefully temporary) solution
is to export from A's cvs server and import to B's server.  The issue here is
the fact that i want these servers to be mirrors of each other, so this method
depends on someone running the export/import pair to sync up the servers, which
is unacceptable.

if anyone has experience with this please let me know!!

thanks!!

-brian
ps: does anyone know how to get WinCVS to work with ssh?  i'm a FreeBSD/Solaris
geek and my windows skills are lacking, but even seasoned windows people aren't
able to figure this out.