Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 1995 22:25:04 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>, hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why can't I just `release=stable' for sup??

>> This should work fine.  I fixed it quite a while ago.  The plan was
>> to phase out the old "stable-blah" targets once people switched to
>> using the release field correctly, but I guess even you haven't
>> done so.
>
>I've TRIED to do that!  You get:
>
>SUP Upgrade of bin at Sun Oct 29 20:53:06 1995
>SUP Fileserver 9.13 (4.3 BSD) 1864 on freefall.FreeBSD.org at 20:53:06
>SUP Fileserver supports compression.
>SUP: Invalid release stable for collection bin
>SUP: Upgrade of bin aborted at Oct 29 20:53:06 1995
>
>It's never worked for me, not before or after your announcement! :-)

Okay, so its src-bin.

>> That makes no sense.  There is only one CVS tree.
>
>But you could have `bin' and `release=CVS' to get the "CVS version" of
>that distribution rather than making "CVS-bin" another target, yes?
>
>					Jordan

That's easy enough to do.  Since there are a relatively small number of
people supping the CVS tree, we should be able to remove the old
collections almost immediately after the change is made.  I make the
new 'CVS' release now.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM