Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:22:17 +0100
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Insecure PHP installation

Hi

About 2 weeks ago I wrote to hackers@freebsd.org concerning my
discovery of mod_php installing files world writable (amoung these
atleast one script). They told me to write the maintainer
dirk@freebsd.org, which I have done twice now and have not received
an answer.

I have a FreeBSD 4.7-p7 computer with mod_php 4.3.1 installed and
several files are world writable, also a script /usr/local/bin/pear,
so I hope someone can do something about this or tell me that it is
supposed to be like this.

Please CC to me as I am NOT on the list.

br
socketd