Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:53:57 +0000
From:      lists@mediumgreen.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing old port version

I apologize if I should already know how to do this, but I haven't
figured it out and haven't seen anything in the mailing lists
archives or handbook about it.   The closest I've found relates
just to system source.

I want to install XFree86 4.0.x instead of the current release of
4.1.0.  The current release causes my machine (and it appears some
other peoples machines, too) to reboot when vmware is "powered on."
How can I cvsup an older version of the XFree86-4 port?

I'd go back to XFree86 3.3.6, but the whole reason I started this
upgrade process was to get better support for my Matrox G400 card.

Thank you.

-matthew