Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 1996 23:10:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      dnelson@emsphone.com (Dan Nelson)
To:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Cc:        dnelson@emsphone.com, winter@jurai.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Streamlogic RAIDION drive arrays

in the last episode, Brian Tao said:

> On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Dan Nelson wrote:
> >
> > If we're all plugging our favorite RAID companies :), we have two
> > Storage Computer boxes (50 & 90 gig) and are happy with them.
>
>      Are they on FreeBSD boxes?  :)

Well, no...  They serve a Novell server and two SCO boxes.  The Novell
and one of the SCO machines both have two scsi cards in them, as do the
RAID boxes.  We use the disk-concatenation feature of both OS's to get
one drive, but the throughput of two F/W scsi busses.

If Micro Focus ever made a FreeBSD version of Cobol, we would use
FreeBSD, though.  We've hit the 2-gig filesize limit on SCO quite a few
times.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com