Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:19:01 -0800
From:      Lucas Silacci <lucas@san.rr.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   XFree86 problem, missing half the vertical lines...

I recently installed XFree86 onto a machine running FreeBSD 3.3 with a
Matrox Millenium 4MB video card.  The installation went fine and I was
able to run XF86Setup without any problems, but when I finished and it
started the XServer, I only get the display in alternating vertical
lines...  Same thing when I try to run it from startx.

I've tried switching monitors with another machine I have (and
changing the settings in XF86Setup accordingly), but to no avail.

I admit I am new to this, but it puzzles me that XF86Setup looks fine,
but the xserver is only half there.

Any help/pointers anyone can give would be appreciated.

-Lucas
--
"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." -- Edgar Allan Poe

Lucas Silacci
lucas@comports.com		lucas.silacci@sandiegoca.ncr.com