Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 13:46:51 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP 2.2 Via COM3/cuaa2/sio2 Possible?

Hi, FreeBSDers:

I have 2 hard drives with DOS/Win 3.1 in an ~50MB partition and the rest (~1.1
GB) Linux on the first drive, and FreeBSD 2.1.5 alone on my second drive (~2
GB). My internal modem is on COM3/cuaa2/sio2. sio0 and sio1 are serial ports
for mouse. My dialup account with my ISP is PPP.

My current question: Will it be possible to ftp FreeBSD 2.2 with this
configuration? I tried using my 2.1.5 boot floppy, but it only allows the
option of dialing out via sio0 or sio1.

[BTW, I don't believe that I can move my modem to sio0 or sio1. I opened the
box to check this morning, and I don't see any way to do it.]

And, by-the-by, if anyone is successfully using an internal modem in
COM3/cuaa2/sio2 with FreeBSD, I'd like some advice. I have un-commented out
and commented out sio0 sio2 in the config file and recompiled my kernel, and
after that I was able to get Minicom and Seyon to work--prior to that they
didn't--but have not been able to get PPP to work.

Thanks, all.
--

Chris Booth
cbooth@onyx.interactive.net