Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:27:07 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suggestion

If someone do a mailling list for new users, but dont want to be flooded
with always the same basic message (like "how can I delete a file"), I
propose those 5 rules and a disclaimer.
----------
1:There is a cost to ask a question and there is a FAQ maintainer
2:Before asking a question, check if it's not in the list's FAQ
3:The cost: when you have an answer to your question, you write it and
send it to the official FAQ maintainer.
4:The FAQ maintainer will upgrade the FAQ pages with your answer
5:If you dont pay the cost, shame on you!

AT YOUR ---OWN--- RISK. YOU SHOULD NOT TRY ANYTHING IN THE FAQ OR IN THE
MAILING LIST ON CRITICAL APPLICATIONS COMPUTERS HAS QUESTIONS & ANSWER
MAY CONTAIN ERRATA. YOU SHOULD NOT ASK ABOUT HARDWARE OR "ADVANCED"
QUESTIONS ON THIS LIST. YOU SHOULD CORRECT ANY BAD ANSWER OR ADD ANY
MISSING INFORMATIONS.

THE GOAL OF THIS LIST IS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO START IN
THE FREEBSD WORLD AND TO OFFER SOME BASIC SUPPORT, BUT ALSO TO
---DOCUMENT--- THOSE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY NEW USERS IN A FAQ
MAINTAINED BY NEW USERS.