Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:56:10 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Michael Lucas' <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Troy Arie Cobb <tcobb@staff.circle.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Java in base release as of 4.5?

Dear All,

> BTW, I think it's "included with the release", not "part of the base."
> Slight difference there; Java is not going to be part of the core of
> FreeBSD, at least not until Sun BSDLs it.  :)

Java will be available as a port and maybe as a package on the install CD's
as well.

Someone (Nate?) is working on dragging the port through the Java
compatability test suite, which is a prerequisite for distributing anything
at all.

I'd sure the person in question can comment on timeliness for 4.5-r. I'm not
part of that cycle.

    Kees Jan