Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 09:00:39 +0900
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQjwwZhsoSg==?=  =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPV8bKEo=?= Atsushi Murai  <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM
Cc:        mycroft@ai.mit.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Diagnostics for a hanging machine?

"matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM> wrotes:
>On Mon, May 22, 1995 at 11:36:44 (-0400), Charles M. Hannum wrote:
>
> > Could you describe the hardware configuration of the machine?  Also,
> > what release of NetBSD were you using?
>
>	The hardware configuration of the machine is as follows: 486dx2/66
>Intel CPU, EISA motherboard (not sure of maker, can check if it's helpful),
>16M ram, BusTek 742a SCSI controller (shows up as aha), 639M Maxtor SCSI I
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You should NOT use aha driver for buslogic card, beacuse aha driver
IS NOT for compatible aha1542 as Industry standard any more.

>drive, standard vga type video card, NE2000 Clone ethernet card.
>
>	We were running NetBSD pre-1.0.  It was like a week prior to 1.0
>for NetBSD.
>
>-matt
>
>--
>Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
>                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration
>Work Related     -> mmead@ctr.vt.edu    |     mmead@goof.com <-     All Other
>---- -------            WWW -> http://www.goof.com/~mmead           --- -----

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341