Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:30:14 -0400
From:      Sourav Ghosh <sourav+@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Use of znyx card..

Hi ,

I have been trying to use a multiport znyx card in order to use a
FreeBSD (2.2.8) box as a gateway.
The network configuration that I'm trying to use is this:

There are two FreeBSD machines, connected to two different hubs. I would
like connect two separate ports of the znyx card from the FreeBSD router
to two hubs. Another port goes to the local LAN. This way, all the
traffic from both the machines have to pass through the router box.
Can anyone tell me how to make this configuration working?

Just declaring the IP addresses of the ports as a default router doesn't
help. And also, FreeBSD ignores the presence  of the router if it
accesses the machines that are directly connected to the LAN. So,  how
is it possible to prevent the dynamic routing so that it uses the router
box all the time?

Thanks.

--
Sourav