Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 23:10:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (streams)

[Re: streams]

> > 	You could `push' or `pop' functions//modules onto an I/O
> > 	device.  It turned writing at least I/O drivers into something
> > 	like building things out of tinker-toys.  Simple.

Hmm, yeah, it was nice from the application level too, like
simply pushing the "connld" module to do multiplexing.

I hear M.J. Karels is designing a "streams-like" mechanism
for BSD (bstreams?), but I don't know the details.

-Ade Barkah
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - www: <http://hemi.com/>;