Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:35:03 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Rebuilding png and perl without rebuilding a whole lot of ports twice.

I have to portupgrade/portmaster both graphics/png and lang/perl, and these both require rebuilding all ports that depend on these two.

Question is how to do this without rebuilding all these ports twice, redundantly, as might happen if I do

        portmaster -o lang/perl5.16 lang/perl5.12

        Conservative:
        portmaster p5-

        Comprehensive (but perhaps overkill):
        portmaster -r perl-

and

  If you use portmaster:
        portmaster -r png-

I currently have perl-threaded-5.14.1_2 .

There are a whole lot of things that I want to upgrade: seamonkey, gnash, hplip, ffmpeg, vlc and many others, so may be nice do have them done en masse, but preferably not twice each.

Tom