Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:03:05 +0000
From:      "Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        "gnome@FreeBSD.org" <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problem building hal

The port sysutils/hal fails at the configure stage with these errors:

checking if GLib is version 2.14.0 or newer... yes
checking for BLKID... configure: error: Package requirements (blkid >=3D
2.15) were not met:

Package blkid was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `blkid.pc'
Package 'blkid', required by 'world', not found

I looked all over my computer for any directories called blkid.  The
closest thing I could find was the port misc/e2fsprogs-libblkid.  Should
that be built as a dependency?

Or maybe my problem is that I am still using FreeBSD-8?