Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 00:51:31 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>, David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: couldn't bind to local address

--nextPart1711697.kDTM3eWT7P

On Sunday 21 May 2006 00:39, David Xu wrote:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:00, David Xu wrote:
> > in fact, finally I found sysinstall only put nve0 in variable
> > network_interfaces, this causes lo0 does not have an address assigned.
> >
> > David Xu
>
> Sorry for misleading, I finally found the culprit,  it is gnome Networking
> Setting dialog, if you use it, it will write network_interfaces
> into /etc/rc.conf, but it ignores lo0, so next time when you reboot your
> machine, the lo0 adaptive does not have an address, now I can
> reproduce it on another machine, there is a line in my rc.conf file:
>
> network_interfaces=3Dfxp0
>
> but no lo0
>
> David Xu

Add the following to /etc/rc.conf manually:

ifconfig_lo0=3D"inet 127.0.0.1"=20

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com