Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:49:03 -0400
From:      Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
To:        vasanth rao naik sabavat <vasanth.raonaik@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dtrace failed to resolve struct thread

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM, vasanth rao naik sabavat
<vasanth.raonaik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with latest FreeBSD when enabling dtrace
>
> dtrace -s schedgraph.d
> ./hotkernel
> both return the following error.
>
> : "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 88: failed to resolve type kernel`struct
> thread * for identifier curthread: Unknown type name
>
> 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Oct 17 12:04:00 PDT 2012
>
> I see that there was a problem report on FreeBSD which got closed as fixed.
> What is the fix for this issue?

Did you buildkernel with WITH_CTF=1?  You can check this by running
ctfdump on /boot/kernel/kernel and seeing if that produces output.  It
will print the following error if you forgot to build with WITH_CTF=1:

/boot/kernel/kernel does not contain .SUNW_ctf data