Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceren Ercen <ceren@magnesium.net>
To:        "oldfart@gtonet" <oldfart@gtonet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Windriver, Slackware and FreeBSD

I'm sorry you feel like this.
Have you ever met the Slackware people? They are pretty amazing.

I was lucky enough to be invited into  the Walnut Creek booth with them,
when WCCDROM was sponsoring the FreeBSD and Slackware presences at
conventions.

Part of what amazes some people about FreeBSD is that we're able to
accomplish so much more per person/contributer than Linux, in general. I
feel fairly safe in saying that Slackware has similar personality.

I, and perhaps others who are constantly under Damocles' sword of layoffs,
cringe to read this sentence of yours. "Nothing personal", perhaps, but
fairly cold and cruel, regardless.

...When they came for the linux people, I did not protest, because I
didn't like linux...?

(note that I have said absolutely nothing criticizing or even commenting
on WindRiver's move or its sensibility. )

Ceren Ercen
FreeBSD's "Strange Attractor"
cercen@linuxcare.com