Date:      Sat, 26 May 2012 17:17:11 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ports] why no libXXX after make install of libXXX?

On 05/26/12 14:03, Gary Aitken wrote:
> I'm trying to install audacious, which depends on libmowgli.
> The port fails to build because of a missing library.
> Shouldn't the build of a library result in the library being placed in /usr/local/lib?

I notice that /var/db/pkg/libmowgli-1.0.0/+CONTENTS
and similar files for a few other packages
shows files which don't exist:

@comment PKG_FORMAT_REVISION:1.1
@name libmowgli-1.0.0
@comment ORIGIN:devel/libmowgli
@cwd /usr/local
lib/libmowgli.so
lib/libmowgli.so.2
lib/libmowgli.so.2.0.0

I think this is a screwed up situation;
there are no libmowgli files in /usr/local/lib

What's the best way to recover from it if so?

Thanks