Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:43:05 -0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Gustavo_N=2E_Lopes?= <andre@mrx.com.br>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic using RADIX_MPATH and quagga

Hi all,

I am facing some problems using RADIX_MPATH, and quagga. Doing some
research I can see a some people had the same problem:

like this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-August/026794.html

unfortunatelly the patch is not available anymore.

But this is not the worst part. The most curious thing is:

I have 2 identical servers (DELL R410), with the same set of network
interfaces (2x bce and 2x igb). I am using the same version of O.S (Freebsd
8.3-STABLE) on both of them and the kernel was built using the same config.

The quagga (quagga-re) are exactly the same as well, and they are neighbors
on my network by the way.

Everything works great in one of them, but the kernel crashes in the other
a couple minutes after get quagga running.

The main difference between them is, the server who crashes, acts is a
border router (EBGP, IBGP and OSPF), and the router working fine is a
distribution router (OSPF only).

I "GUESS" I would have the same crashes in the working router if I start an
ibgp neighboring (and receive > 420K prefixes.)

The crashes go away, when I remove RADIX_MPATH.

Any thoughs are very welcome.