Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:35:39 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com
Cc:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Update port VMware 1.1 for Linux, Networking Support

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 07:56:58AM -0700, Darren Wiebe wrote:
> Great work!!  BTW has vmware helped you at all??
Not yet.

> I and some others have
> told them that they really do owe you quite a bit!!
Thanks.

> Now, I just wish
> that I could get it to build on my system.  Here is the output from
> "make install".  I last built the world on Sunday or Saturday.  I would
> do it right now but on my p200 with 64mb ram it takes about 6 hours.
You can try mount filesystem in async mode at the time when you are doing
make buildworld and make installworld.

> I am trying to get a new machine but that will not happen for a few months
> yet...
>
> If necesary, I will gladly rebuild my system tonight.  However I read
> someplace that -current is broken.  Also, I am sure that a lot of the
> output could be snipped but I would rather send to much info rather than
> too little.  Feel free to snip whatever is not important.
>
> Script started on Wed Dec  8 07:42:31 1999
> # make install
> ===>  Extracting for vmware-1.1.2
> >> Checksum OK for VMware-1.1.2-364.tar.gz.
> >> Checksum OK for vmmon-freebsd-0.91.tar.gz.
				  ^^^^^
This is a old, and conflicted with new -current. You are need to fetch
new port from the next url:
http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/files/vmware.tar.gz
[skipped]

> > Port available at: