Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:57:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian McDonald <brian@lustygrapes.net>
To:        Nero <neroz@bigpond.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netsaint

There were recent issues with automake/autoconf in the ports collection.
Check the archives for details, but in general, if you have autoconf 2.52
you need automake 1.5 or higher.

From Will Andrew's email:

"So if you see any problems like the one reported here:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=355039+0+current/freebsd-questions

..the solution is to make sure you have autoconf 2.52 AND
automake 1.5 installed, because in this case, the m4 macro that's
missing is defined by am 1.5."

Last thing - questions about ports can go to freebsd-ports..  :)

Brian

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Nero wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 01:44:46 +1100
> From: Nero <neroz@bigpond.com>
> To: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Netsaint
>
> I dont know that this is the right place to report this or not,
> but here goes anyway. I am running 4.5-RC, my last update
> to ports was yesterday (11th) and I get this error while
> installing netsaint:
>
> creating plugins/popen.h
> ===>  Building for netsaint-plugins-1.2.9.4
> cd . && /usr/local/bin/aclocal
> cd . && /usr/local/bin/automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
> automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
> gmake: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint.
> [55] root:/usr/ports/net/netsaint [01:39:42]
> #

Brian McDonald, MCP
Klein bottle for sale.  Inquire within.