Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:29:16 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        martinko <gamato@users.sf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, itetcu@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: expiration of net/skype ?!

--A9z/3b/E4MkkD+7G

On 2011-Apr-26 01:47:30 +0200, martinko <gamato@users.sf.net> wrote:
>So what is this deprecation and expiration of net/skype port please ??

Whilst the Skype port still works, the version of Skype referenced by
the port is no longer available and later versions of Skype do not
(currently) work on FreeBSD.  My reading of the Skype license suggests
that the FreeBSD Project cannot host the distfile without an agreement
with Skype.  This means that someone who doesn't currently have the
Skype distfile cannot install the Skype port.

I believe work is underway to support the currently available version
of Skype.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--A9z/3b/E4MkkD+7G