Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:20:45 -0700
From:      "Francis J. Bruening" <francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   newbie question re: TNT2 support & SBLive?

All,

I've been reading over the main website, and am quite interested in trying
out FBSD.
It seems to address some of the issues I'm bumping into w/linux.

I believe my HW is supported, except that the 3.2 release doesn't use Xfree
3.3.4 (which has
TNT2 support)

Is there a way to upgrade to Xfree 3.3.4 after installing the 3.2 STABLE
release (I'm planning
on installing from the net).

Also, I'll pick up another soundcard if need be, but does anyone know how to
use an SBLive
card under FBSD? I realize Creative doesn't open the specs on their cards,
but are their any
options people have found here?

thanks in advance,

Regards,