Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 04:07:24 GMT
From:      Jamie Jones <jamie@dyslexicfish.com>
To:        anthony@freebie.atkielski.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the desktop (was: TheRegister article on Hotmail)

> Since absolute statements are the exception rather than the rule (and I
> normally qualify them as such when making them, personally), "usually" can
> be assumed.

Errrm Ok.

> It's not extreme at all.  What is extreme is tossing out or avoiding working
> solutions in order to yield to an emotional attachment to some piece of
> software.  I see it all the time, with people trying to do unreasonable
> things with Windows, UNIX, or the Mac (or any number of other software

As with most of your original post, I don't disagree with this statement.

But now it's gone 4.00am, this is turning into a religious war now, and anyway
you'll find that I'm not the zeolot you may perceive me as !

My point was simply that it's not "absurd" to use FreeBSD on the desktop.
It's certainly the best choice for me and a number of others, if not for
the populace, but that's another argument altogether..

That's really the only thing I wanted to pick up on.

Cheers,
Jamie